The estate is located in the municipality of Sondrio (province of Sondrio) in the Italian region Lombardy, It was founded in 1860 and revived in 1984 by Arturo Pelizzatti Perego under the current name derived from it. The fifth generation of the family is now run by the three siblings Isabella, Emanuele and Guido Pelizzatti Perego. In 2010/2011 the converted basement and a new office building were built tasting room put into operation. The vineyards cover 15 hectares of vines in the three sub-areas Sassella (9.5 ha), Grumello (4.5 ha) and Inferno (1 ha). They are 100% made with the Chiavennasca ( Nebbiolo ) planted. Around 10% of the grape requirement is purchased from winegrowers. Environmentally friendly management is carried out according to the rules of the Integrated agriculture,
The product plate includes the DOC wine Rosso di Valtellina, as well as the DOCG wines Valtellina Superiore Sassella, Grumello and Inferno, also called Riserva get extended. The wines are long after aged in 50-hectolitre barrels with a long maturation period for special vintages. The house premium wines are Valtellina Superiore Il Pettirosso (12 months aging) and Valtellina Superiore Sassella Riserva Ultimi Raggi (30 days maceration, 60 months). Around 100,000 bottles of wine are produced annually, of which 60% are exported to European countries and overseas to Australia, Canada and Japan. The winery is a member of Consorzio Tutela di Vini Valtellina and FIVI (Federazione Italiana Vignaioli Indipendenti).