The estate is located in Cenicero, 20 kilometers from Logroño, in the center of the Spanish Rioja sub-area Rioja Alta. It was founded in 1970 by Enrique Forner (1925-2011), who had lived in France for a long time and who, with his brother, owned the Chateau de Camensac
and until 1986 also of Château Larose-Trintaudon
was. The famous professor Émile was a consultant in the construction of the winery Peynaud
(1912-2004). The noble friend of the owner Juan Noguera, Marqués de Cáceres, allowed to use the prestigious name. The bodega is considered a pioneer for the Renaissance of the Rioja from the 1970s. There is no own vineyard, the grapes are bought by local winegrowers in Cenicero and in the area. The best vineyards in the area were selected and long-term contracts were concluded to ensure both premium quality grapes and proper viticulture management of these vineyards.
A new wine-growing school was founded with the aim of fully expressing the character of each individual parcel of particularly old vineyards. A team of oenologists is responsible for the vinification. 40,000 oak barrels are available for expansion. The red wines are fruity and less oak-dominated than usual in Rioja. The majority of white wines do not use barriques. The flagship "Gaudium" is blended from Tempranillo (95%) and Graciano (5%) and matures for 18 months in new French barriques and another 24 months in bottle. Around half of the production is exported to 120 markets worldwide.