The winery "Bodegas Muga SA" is located in the city of Haro in the heart of the Spanish Rioja sub-area Rioja Alta
, It was founded in 1932 by Don Isaac Muga and his wife Aurora Caño. After his death in 1969, the siblings Manuel, Isabel and Isaac took over the estate and expanded it continuously. In 1972 the bodega was moved to a spacious building complex at the Haro train station. The vineyards cover 70 hectares of their own vineyards, grapes are purchased from another 100 hectares. The Tempranillo, Garnacha Tinta, Mazuelo and Viura varieties are mainly processed. The vinification is still traditional in many ways. The fermentation takes place in huge wooden vats. With the help of a sophisticated system, pumping processes can be almost completely avoided. The wines are almost not moved and only natural processes are used. Clarification takes place, for example, using hand-beaten protein. 17,000 French and American oak barrels are available for expansion. The premium wines include "Gran Reserva Prado Enea" and the blend "Torre Muga". Around 100,000 boxes (1.2 million bottles) of wine are produced annually, around 30% of which is exported.