The winery is located at the gates of the city Saint-Emilion
in the same area (Bordeaux). In the 19th century it was called La Gaffelière-Boitard (Canon-Boitard), after its owner M. Boitard de la Poterie. In 1953 the estate was acquired by Pierre Meyrat, who for several years was mayor of Saint-Émilion. After his death (1969), the château was built in 1971 by the family Count Neipperg
Bought. This was also the winery La Mondotte
with acquired. Since 1985, Count Stephan von Neipperg has been responsible, including the Clos de L'Oratoire
belongs. In 2012, the company was highly classified as "Premier Grand Cru Classé B". The vineyards cover 19.5 hectares and are planted with Merlot (55%), Cabernet Franc (40%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (5%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 15 to 20 months in 80 to 100% new barrels. The second wine is called "Les Hauts de Canon La Gaffelière".