The estate is located in the municipality of Léognan in the area Pessac-Léognan in Graves (Bordeaux). It was founded in 1234 by Ramon Carbonnieux. In 1740 he was of Benedictine monks accepted. According to legend, these allegedly made it, their white wine to the Turkish court as " Mineral water " for sale. From later US President Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) it was during his stay as ambassador of the United States in France (1785-1789) as one of the best wineries. The estate was bought in 1956 by the immigrant from Algeria family Perrin, who restored it and replanted the vineyards. From 1982 to 2008 it was headed by Anthony Perrin (+2008), who was instrumental in the formation of Pessac-Léognan as its own appellation. Today it is run by his sons Eric and Philibert Perrin.
Both the white wine and the red wine are in the single-stage Graves classification classified as "Cru Classé". The vineyards cover 92 hectares of vineyards, with the red wines Cabernet Sauvignon (30%), Merlot. Cabernet Franc, Malbec ( Cot ) and Petit Verdot, as well as the white wine varieties Sauvignon Blanc (30%), Sémillon and Muscadelle are planted. The long-lasting white wine will be three months in 100% new expanded. The Second white wine is called "Château La Tour-Léognan". The red wine is produced in typical Graves style. The family also includes Château Bois-Martin, Château Haut-Vigneau, Château La Bereisen-Léognan, Château Le Sartre and Château Lafont-Menaut, also located in Pessac-Léognan.