The winery is located in the municipality Pomerol
or the same area (Bordeaux). The origin dates back to the 12th century, when the Maltese Order of Knights built a residence here. In 1793 he was acquired by Bonaventure Berthomieux. He had the beautiful château built. Part of the vineyards was built in the 18th century Château Figeac
acquired. After several ownership changes, the estate was bought in 1991 by Crédit Foncier de France. The vineyards with 17 hectares are planted with Merlot (60%), Cabernet Franc (30%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (10%). The long-lived red wine matures for 18 to 24 months in 60% new oak barrels. The second wine is called "Benjamin de Beauregard". The American architect Daniel Guggenheim (1856-1930) was so enthusiastic during a visit after the First World War that he recreated a 1: 1 copy on Long Island (New York State) and called "Mille Fleurs".