The winery is located on the plateau near the city Saint-Emilion
in the area of the same name. It was created in 1869 by the division of the inheritance of the then Château Beauséjour, the other part is today's Château Beauséjour Duffau-Lagarosse
, In 1970 the property was bought by the Bécot family, which gave it its current name. The purchase of the two "only" Grand Cru Classé vineyards La Carte and Trois Moulins in 1979 led to a downgrade in 1985. A modernization was carried out by Michel Bécot and his two sons Gérard and Dominique. The estate was one of the first customers of the well-known oenologist Michel Rolland
(* 1947). In 2006 and 2012 the estate was again classified as "Premier Grand Cru Classé B". The vineyards cover 17 hectares of vines with Merlot (70%), Cabernet Franc (15%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (15%). The extremely long-lived red wine is aged in 90% new barriques for 18 months. The second wine is called "La Tournelle des Moines".