The estate is located in the commune of Léognan Pessac-Léognan in Graves (Bordeaux). It was founded in 1234 by Ramon Carbonnieux. In 1740 it was made by Benedictine monks accepted. According to legend, they allegedly managed to get their white wine to the Turkish court as " Mineral water " for sale. From the later US President Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) during his stay as ambassador of the United States Called one of the best wineries in France (1785-1789). The estate was bought in 1956 by the Perrin family, who immigrated from Algeria, who restored it and replanted the vineyards. From 1982 to 2008 it was managed by Anthony Perrin (+2008), who was instrumental in the formation of Pessac-Léognan as a separate appellation. Today it is run by his sons Eric and Philibert Perrin.
Both the white wine and the red wine are in the single stage Graves classification classified as "Cru Classé". The vineyards cover 92 hectares of vines with the red varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (30%), Merlot. Cabernet Franc, Malbec ( Cot ) and Petit Verdot, as well as the white wine varieties Sauvignon Blanc (30%), Sémillon and Muscadelle are planted. The long-lived white wine will be 100% new in three months expanded. The Second white wine is called "Château La Tour-Léognan". The red wine is produced in the typical Graves style. The family also owns the Château Bois-Martin, Château Haut-Vigneau, Château La Bereisen-Léognan, Château Le Sartre and Château Lafont-Menaut, also located in Pessac-Léognan.