The estate is located east of the Ripeau commune in the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux) near the border with Pomerol. The origin goes back to the beginning of the 16th century. It came into the possession of the Ondet family in 1891, who sold it to Sylvie Cazes in 2014. The establishment is classified as a "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 15 hectares with Merlot (75%), Cabernet Franc (20%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (5%). The long-lived red wine is aged up to 15 to 18 months in around 50% to 70% new barriques. The second wine is called "La Borderie de Chauvin".