The winery is located in the municipality Listrac-Médoc or the same area in the Médoc (Bordeaux). In the Bordeaux Classification after the old now no longer valid system, it was last classified in 2003 as "Cru Bourgeois". The first vineyards called "Granges" laid in the 12th century the Cistercian on. In 1750 it came into the possession of the Irish Clarke family and thus received the present name. After several changes of ownership in 1950, the castle was demolished and the vineyards abandoned. In 1973, the possession of Baron Edmond Adolphe de Rothschild (1926-1997) together with the neighboring Château Malmaison bought and rebuilt from scratch. An ultramodern winery was built, the Rebflächen re-planted and thus the estate from the early 1980s to the great climber in Médoc. After the death of the father, it was in 1997 by Baron Benjamin de Rothschild (* 1963).
The vineyards cover 53 hectares of vineyards. They are with the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (48%), Merlot (42%), Cabernet Franc (8%) and Petit Verdot (2%). The long-lived, many years storable red wine is in stainless steel tanks fermented and then 12 to 18 months in 60% to 100% new expanded. Every year 150,000 to 250,000 bottles are produced. From a total of 132 hectares of vineyards within the districts Moulis and Listrac comes from second wine "Les Granges of the domain Edmond de Rothschild". It is blended from 50% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Cabernet Franc and is halved for 12 months in each big wooden barrels and Barrels expanded. Of these, 250,000 to 350,000 bottles are produced annually. A rosé wine is marketed under the name "Le Rosé de Clarke" (Merlot, Cabernet Franc).