The winery is located immediately west of the community Saint-Estèphe
in the eponymous area in the Médoc
(Bordeaux). In the Bordeaux Classification
according to the old system, which was no longer valid, it was last classified in 2003 as "Cru Bourgeois Supèrieur". The structurally impressive château with two flanking towers dates back to the 16th century. From the year 1955 it was run by Robert Doussan and in 1995 by the champagne house Roederer
accepted. The vineyards cover 30 hectares and are planted with the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (45%), Merlot (44%), Cabernet Franc (8%) and Petit Verdot (3%). The extremely long-lived red wine with a relatively high proportion of Merlot ripens for 20 to 22 months in a quarter new barriques.