The estate is located in the commune of Saint-Étienne-de-Lisse in the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux). The origin goes back to the year 1737, when the owner at that time documented the planting of the red variety Auxerrois, which was then increasingly called Pressac. Auxerrois and Pressac and Noir de Pressac are synonyms for Cot
(also Malbec). The name of the winery is derived from Pressac. It was the dominant variety at the time. The property was bought by Jean François Quenin in 1997 and completely renovated. In 2012 the company was classified as "Grand Cru Classé" for the first time. The vineyards cover 42 hectares with the varieties Merlot (72%), Cabernet Franc (14%), Cabernet Sauvignon (12%), Carmenère (1%) and Cot (Malbec, Pressac). The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 months in two thirds of new barriques. The second wine is called "Tour de Pressac"; there is also a third wine.