The winery is located in the municipality of Barsac in the area Sauterne
(Graves, Bordeaux). In the Bordeaux Classification
in 1855 it was classified as "Deuxième Cru Classé". The château dates from the 17th century. It belongs to the de Pontac family. In 1976 all vineyards were cleared and only re-planted in 1988. The first vintage with the right to the appellation Sauternes was 1990th The vineyards cover 22 hectares of vineyards with Sémillon (88%), Sauvignon Blanc (80%) and Muscadelle (4%). The long-lasting noble sweet white wine is fermenting and maturing in barriques.