The winery is located in the municipality Saint-Emilion
in the same area (Bordeaux). In the turmoil of the French Revolution, the then owner Marguerite-Elie Guadet (1758-1794) was executed on the scaffold, his portrait is now included on the label. The estate, however, remained in family ownership and was sold in 1844 to the ancestors of the current owner Guy -Petrus Lignac. In the period from 1844 to 2004, it was named Château Guadet-Saint-Julien. This sometimes led to confusion because it has nothing to do with the famous Médoc community of Saint-Julien. Therefore, it was renamed in 2005. The company, which was declassified in 2006, was again classified as "Grand Cru Classé" in 2012. The vineyards cover six hectares and are planted with Merlot (75%) and Cabernet Franc (25%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 16 to 18 months in 50% new oak barrels.