The estate is located in Saint-Emilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). The origins date back to the 13th century, when wines were made here for the Knight Order (Commanderie) of the Johanniter. After an eventful history, the estate was bought by Fernand De in 1959 and finally acquired in 2004 by Thibaut and Magli Decoster, who also owned the property Château Clos des Jacobins
belongs. After the takeover, the winery was completely renovated and the vineyards opened changed. The company was first classified as a "Grand Cru Classé" in 2012. The vineyards cover six hectares of vineyards planted with Merlot (80% $) and Cabernet Franc (20%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 18 months in 50% new barriques. The second wine is called "Les Chemins de la Commanderie".