The winery is located in the municipality of Lugon im Médoc
(Bordeaux) exactly opposite the Château Cantemerle
, A property called "Grand La Lagune" with a family Seguineau is called at the end of the 17th century. In the Bordeaux Classification 1855
the estate received third place under the then name Lalagune (Troisième Cru Classé). After many changes of ownership, the four-hectare shrunken derelict estate was bought in 1957 by Georges Brunet. He united it with the Château Petit La Lagune under the present name. In 1961 it became the champagne house Ayala
acquired. The vineyards have been expanded and a new fermentation cellar built.
Finally, in 2000, the family acquired Frey Ayala and thus also the Château La Lagune (Ayala was in 2005 to the champagne house Bollinger
sold). The vineyards cover 80 hectares and are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (60%), Merlot (30%) and Petit Verdot (10%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 18 months in about 50% new oak barrels. The second wine was called "Château Ludon-Pomiès-Agassac" until the year 1997, from the year 1998 it is marketed under "Moulin de La Lagune".