The winery is located in Saint-Emilion
in the same area (Bordeaux). Once it was part of the Château Figeac
(see history there), from 1879 the Château La Tour Figeac
was separated. Three years later, two confusingly identically named goods called Château La Tour-du-Pin-Figeac were separated from this severed part (see the other part below) Château La Tour-du-Pin-Figeac (Giraud-Bélivier)
, The objective estate was built in 1947 by Antoine Moueix
Bought (family empire). Although "Moueix" was mentioned on the label, it was not an official part of the name. Finally, in June 2007, the estate went to the owners of the Château Cheval Blanc
, which in 2009 then 50% to the luxury goods group LVMH
The previously classified as "Grand Cru Classé" operation was outclassed in 2006, but opposition was raised. However, the declassification was confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover nine hectares of vines with Merlot (60%), Cabernet Franc (30%), Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon (10%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 to 15 months in one-third new oak barrels. The second wine is called "Clos La Fleur Figeac".