The winery is located in Saint-Emilion
in the same area (Bordeaux). Once it belonged to Château Figeac
(see history there), from which it was separated in 1879. Three years later, the separated part of the two (confusingly the same name) Château La Tour-du-Pin-Figeac
separated. After many changes of ownership, the estate was bought in 1973 by the German industrialist Otto Rettenmaier. Since 1994 it is led by the son Otto Maximilian. The farm is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 15 hectares of vineyards with Merlot (60%) and Cabernet Franc (40%). The long-lived red wine is aged up to 18 months in up to 100% new barrels. The second wine is called "L'Esquisse de La Tour Figeac".