The estate is located in Saint-Emilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). The origin is at the end of the 18th century. It was owned by the Ducasse family at the time of the Paris World's Fair in 1867. In 1941 it came into the possession of Hélène Gratiot-Alphandéry, and since 1990 it has been run by son Jacques Olivier Gratiot. In 2012 it was classified as "Premier Grand Cru Classé B". The vineyards cover 11 hectares of vines with Merlot (87%), Cabernet Franc (20%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (2%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 20 months in 60% new barriques.