The estate is located in Saint-Emilion in the area of the same name ( Bordeaux ). The establishment is classified as a "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. It was owned by the Franciscan monastic order (Prieuré = priory, monastery). In 1897 it was bought by Joseph Brisson, the mayor of the Néac municipality. The areas come from a dismemberment of Cru des Cordeliers. From 2004, the property was managed by daughter Aline Guichard and husband Paul Goldschmidt. For some time the well-known oenologist Stéphane was Derenoncourt worked as a consultant. Finally, in 2014 Artemis Domaines (François Pinault ) took over the majority shares (are also owners of Château Latour ). Possession also includes that Chateau Vray Croix de Gay in the area Pomerol and Château Siaurac in the area Lalande de Pomerol,
The south-facing vineyards cover 6.5 hectares of vineyards on a limestone plateau with a view of the Dordogne Valley, Lying in the neighborhood Château Trotte Vieille and Château Troplong-Mondot, There will be varieties Merlot (80%) and Cabernet Franc (20%) cultivated. The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 to 16 months in 50% new ones , The second wine made from 100% Merlot is called "Château l'Olivier" and matures for 10 months.