The estate is located near the town of Pontet-Canet north of Pauillac
in the eponymous area in the Médoc
(Bordeaux). It was founded in 1810 by the eponymous wine grower Urbain Pierre Pédesclaux. At the beginning of the 20th century, it was acquired by a Monsieur Gâtebois, who owned it until 1950. That year the estate was bought by the Belgian Lucien Jugla, who had leased it since 1932. In 1965, his son Bernard took the lead and handed it over in 1996 to his three children Jean, Pierre and Brigitte. Finally, in October 2009, the Jugla family sold the winery to the businessman Jacky Lorenzetti.
In the Bordeaux Classification 1855
the estate received fifth place (Cinquième Cru Classé). The vineyards cover 28 hectares, of which 26 are classified as Pauillac and 2 as Haut-Médoc. They are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Merlot (45%) and Cabernet Franc (5%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 to 14 months in 33% new oak barrels. The second wine is called "Sens de Pédesclaux" (formerly "Lucien Pedesclaux"). The "La Rose de Pédesclaux" is produced under the AC Haut-Médoc.