The winery is in the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux) on the border with the area Pomerol
, It is a famous neighbor Château Cheval Blanc
, It was founded in the early 18th century. In 1917 it was owned by the wine merchant Marcel Loubat, which is considered the actual year of birth. In 1976 it was bought by Françoise de Wilde, who carried out major renovations in the cellar and the vineyards. He sold it to Cyrille and Nicolas Gregoire in 2014. The establishment is classified as a "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 15 hectares and are planted with the varieties Merlot (65%), Cabernet Franc (25%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (10%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 to 16 months in one-third new barriques. The second wine is called "La Garenne de Ripeau".