The estate is located in the municipality of Saint-Laurent-des-Combes in the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux). The unknown origin dates back to the 17th century. Since 1847, the property has been continuously owned by the Faniest family. It also runs a small train, which operates daily as a tourist attraction in the region. Today the estate is run by Philippe Faniest, supported by his daughter Emilie. The company was first classified in 2012 as "Grand Cru Classé". The vineyards cover three hectares of vineyards, with the varieties Merlot (85%) and Cabernet Franc (15%) are planted. The long-lived red wine matures for 15 to 18 months in 100% new oak barrels.