The winery is located east of Saint-Émilion in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). In the 19th century it was owned by Duke Élie Decazes (1780-1860), Prime Minister of Louis XVIII. In 1999, the estate was acquired by the d'Aulan family, former owners of the Piper-Heidsieck champagne house, who sold it ten years later to Marie-Bénédicte Lefevere-Leymarie. The oenologist Michel Rolland was hired as consultant. The estate was again classified (after declassification in 1996) as "Grand Cru Classé" in 2012. The vineyards cover seven hectares, planted with Merlot (85%) and Cabernet Franc (15%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for 12 to 18 months in barriques. The second wine is called Château Lasalle.