The winery is located northeast of the city Saint-Emilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). The first mention under "Mayne de Soutard" took place in 1513. The chateau was built in 1741. The property was successively owned by the Couture, Lavau and Ligneris families. Finally, it was acquired in 2006 by the AG2R La Mondiale insurance group. Extensive renovations and the establishment of one Wine tourism program
, In 2009 it was Château Cadet-Piola
bought and the vineyards of the two estates merged in 2012. The establishment is classified as a "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 30 hectares of vines with Merlot (63%), Cabernet Franc (28%), Cabernet Sauvignon (7%) and Malbec (25). The management follows the rules of the Biodynamic viticulture
, The long-lived red wine matures for around 18 months in 33% new barriques. The second wine was called “Clos de la Tonnelle” until 2006, then “Les Jardins de Soutard” from 2007.