The winery is located between the communities Saint-Emilion
in the eponymous area and Pomerol (Bordeaux). Once it was part of the Château Figeac
(see the history there). Its origin goes back to the year 1881. After several changes of ownership, the estate was bought in 2005 by Alain Château (sic). The farm is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 25 hectares and are planted with the varieties Merlot (86%), Cabernet Franc (10%) and Petit Verdot (4%). The extremely long-lived red wine is aged 12 to 14 months in about one-third new barrels. The second wine is called "Les Roches de Yon-Figeac".