The winery is close to the community Saint-Emilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). It was owned by the Chatonnet Crépin family, belonged to various wine dealers from Belgium from 1898, and was acquired by Charles Pistouley in 1928, whose heirs sold it to the current owners in 1992. From 2006, advice was given by Hubert De Boüard, a co-owner of Château Angélus
, The company was first classified as a "Grand Cru Classé" in 2012. The vineyards cover only 2.2 hectares of vineyards planted with Merlot (60%) and Cabernet Franc (40%). The long-lived red wine is aged in 100% new barriques for 18 months.