The champagne house based in Reims knit with Gosset
for the honor, the oldest in the to be. It was founded in 1729 by cloth merchant Nicolas Ruinart (1697-1769), who sold his customers not only cloth but also wine from his vineyard. His uncle was the monk Dom Thierry Ruinart (1657-1709), who visited the famous abbey Hautvillers, there Dom Pierre Pérignon
(1638-1715) and got to know his winemaking techniques and also died and was buried here. Inspired by his prominent uncle, Nicolas Ruinart dedicated himself to the wine technique of Benedictine monks. He was supported by his son Claude Ruinart (1731-1798) and expanded the company name to Ruinart Père et Fils. After the death of his father Claude moved the company's headquarters from Epernay to Reims and expanded the trade in champagne.
His successor son Irénée Ruinart (1770-1850) built a prominent customer base, including, for example, the French Kiaser Napoleon
(1769-1821) and Charles Maurice de Talleyrand
(1754-1838). The first wife of Napoleon Joséphine Beauharnais (1763-1814) loved champagne from this house. After the divorce, she refused to pay the bills of the time as Empress. The next two generations of families Edmond and Edgar expanded trade relations to the United States and Russia. At the beginning of the 19th century, the famous butler Anton Müller married the champagne house Veuve Clicquot-Ponsardin
a ruin and founded the now-defunct champagne house Müller-Ruinart.
The native of Stuttgart Robert Schlumberger
(1814-1879), who later produced the first sparkling wine using the champagne method in the former Austro-Hungarian Empire, learned this art from Ruinart in the mid-19th century. Until 1963, the management of the Ruinart house remained entirely in the hands of the founding family. Then it was from the famous house Moët et Chandon
taken over and later part of the group LVMH
, The own vineyards cover 20 hectares. The vintage "R de Ruinart" consists of 45% Chardonnay and 55% Pinot Noir and aged for four years on the lees. The vintage champagne "Rosé" contains Chardonnay 20% still wine Bouzy Rouge. Of the Cuvée de Prestige
is named after the founder's uncle "Dom Ruinart" and is considered one of the best Blanc de blancs in Champagne. Every year about 1.7 million bottles of champagne are produced. In the year 1997 the house Ruinart became a professional competition for sommeliers
which in the meantime takes place annually in numerous countries. The best young sommeliers are honored and honored with the "Trophée Ruinart".