The important wine trading and wine producer house with its headquarters in Burgundian Beaune was founded by Louis Jadot in 1859. The last direct descendant, Louis-Alain Jadot, died in 1968. At the family's request, André Gagey took on the role of general director. He had been in charge since 1962. In 1985 the company came into the possession of the American group Kobrand. The domain Louis Jadot today covers around 50 hectares of vineyards in the very best areas of Cote d'Or, as well as 40 hectares of vineyards acquired in the 1980s Beaujolais, This includes, for example, shares of Grand Cru and Premier Cru locations in the municipalities and appellations Aloxe-Corton. Chambolle-Musigny. Gevrey-Chambertin. Montrachet. Morey-Saint-Denis. Pommard and Vougeot,
The company also owns two domains, Gagey and Duc de Magenta. The wines are basically not in expanded so that the terroir fully unfold in the taste of the wine. The top products are labeled under Louis Jadot's own domain. The Corton-Charlemagne For example, it is considered the best white wine ever made under the famous name of this Grand Cru location. Excellent wines are also produced from purchased grapes. In 1998 a new winery near Beaune was opened.