The estate is located in the municipality of Casteggio (province of Pavia) in the Italian region Lombardy
, The name originated in the early 19th century. It is derived from "fraccia" (meaning rubble) and refers to the reddish clay soils. It was founded by Mario Odero towards the end of the First World War (1914-1918) and then expanded by his son Giorgio (1901-1983). The wine was delivered to the Italian royal court in the 1930s. Margherita Radici Odero has been running the business since the 1980s, and the responsible oenologist is Giancarlo Scaglione. In the 1990s, winemaking was modernized and new vines planted.
The vineyards cover a total of 34 hectares. They are planted with the red varieties Pinot Nero, Croatina, Merlot, Barbera and Uva Rara, as well as the white varieties Riesling Renano (Rheinriesling) and Chardonnay. They are managed with the economical use of organic fertilizers. For selective hand picking in the period from late August to early October, great importance is attached to the physiological maturity
of grapes. The red wines are aged in barriques as well as in larger barrels up to 25 hectoliters. Depending on the type of wine, they mature between 6 and 18 months. The product range includes various DOC red and white wines Oltrepò Pavese
as well as IGT wines. Bottle-fermented sparkling wines with up to 36 months of yeast storage and grappa are also produced.