The winery is located on the western Côte in the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux). The château is partly from the 15th century. From 1685 the estate was owned by the Laveau family. In 1934 it was acquired by the wine merchant Jean Nony, today it is run by Marie-Françoise Nony and her son Jean Antoine. The farm is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 19 hectares of vines with the varieties Merlot (76%), Cabernet Franc (13%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (11%). The long-lived red wine is matured for 18 to 24 months in 80 to 100% new oak barrels. The second wine is called "Les Plants du Mayne".