The estate is located in the commune of Marbuzet Saint-Estèphe
in the Médoc
(Bordeaux). In the Bordeaux Classification
according to the old system, which is no longer valid, it was last classified as "Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnel" in 2003. In 1825 it was bought by the McCarthy family of Irish descent. After an eventful history with a division into several estates, Henri Duboscq became the owner in 1952, who later also acquired the Château Chambert-Marbuzet and Château Tour-de-Marbuzet wineries. Today the empire is led by the son of the same name. The vineyards cover 58 hectares with Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Merlot (40%) and Cabernet Franc (10%). The long-lived red wine is aged up to 18 months in 100% new barriques. The second wine is named "McCarthy" after the old owner family.