The estate is located in the municipality of Bozen (Bolzano) in the Italian wine sector South-Tirol (Region Trentino-Alto Adige ). The traditional farm was already called "Dornhof" in 1278 with an owner Frederici Dorn. The winery owes its current name to the owner Josef Anton Schloterpöck, who was mentioned in 1777 as a “candlestick”. The farm was then acquired by Johann Spornberger in 1793. The descendant Martin Gregor Spornberger started bottling in the late 1960s. Today the farm is run by his son Martin and Irene Spornberger, supported by son Hannes. The long family property was finally taken into account in 1993 by the Province of South Tyrol with the title "Erbhof".
The vineyards cover seven hectares of vineyards in the "Pergl" form of education ( pergola ). Three quarters are planted with the red wine varieties Vernatsch, Lagrein and Merlot, and one quarter with the white wine variety Sauvignon Blanc. The vineyards are managed in a conventional manner. The wines are aged in the old vaulted cellar according to type and location, the white wines in steel tanks, the red wines in large wooden barrels. Mainly they are DOC quality wines South Tyrol produced. The most important and typical wine of the farm is St. Magdalener Classico, Around 20,000 bottles of wine are produced annually. The winery is a member of the associations Free wine growers in South Tyrol and red rooster (farm holidays).