The winery is located in the municipality of Girlan (Cornaiano) near Bolzano in the Italian wine sector South-Tirol
(Region Trentino-Alto Adige
). It was founded in 1923 with 23 members at the time. The wooden barrel cellar dates from the 13th century. Today, 230 members cultivate a total of 230 hectares of vineyards in numerous layers of the Überetsch at 400 to 550 meters above sea level on mineral-rich ice age moraine deposits. In 1950, the company was one of the first wineries in South Tyrol to introduce quality-based payment for winegrowers. Helmut Meraner is responsible as managing director and chairman, and Gerhard Kofler acts as cellar master.
White wine varieties Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer, Sauvignon Blanc and Müller-Thurgau, as well as the red varieties Pinot Noir, Lagrein, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Vernatsch are cultivated and processed. The wines are pressed according to traditional methods, fermented cool and then stored and aged in large oak barrels, barriques or stainless steel tanks. They are marketed in the three lines of classic wines, single wines and selection wines. The wide range of products includes various wines from the DOC range St. Magdalener
and , Around a million bottles of wine are produced each year. 1998 the winery H. Lun
taken over, which however continues to act independently.