SIGN UP LOG IN

Winery Wines
The Greek winery in the appellation Nemea on the island Peloponnes was founded in 1876 by the grandfather of the current owner Athanassios Papaïoannou. Athanassios is considered one of the best winema...
Name: Ktima Papaioannou
Vineyard: 65 ha
Owner: Fam. Papaioannou
Manager: Athan. & George Papaioannou
Managing Director: George Papaioannou
Wine Maker: George Papaioannou
Oenologist: George Papaioannou
Sign up as reference source

Tasted Wines

View All
Ktima Papaioannou, Nemea is not a member of Wein‑Plus yet.

By creating Ktima Papaioannou saved filter, you will see relevant matches on your home screen.

0.75 L
2010 P.D.O. Nemea (O.P.A.P.) / Νεμέα sweet Ktima Papaioannou/Κτημα Παπαιωαννου
Translate to English Editor note: Nussiger und etwas kakaowürziger nach reifen, eingemachten schwarzen Beeren mit tabakigen, leicht as...
0.75 L
2015 P.G.I. Corinthia Pinot Noir dry
Translate to English Editor note: Pflanzliche und erdige Nase mit Gummi, ein wenig Lack, angedeutet Wurzelgemüse, eingelegten Peperoni...
0.75 L
2010 P.D.O. Nemea (O.P.A.P.) / Νεμέα dry
Translate to English Editor note: Etwas aufdringlicher, gewürzig-holziger Duft nach teils eingemachten gemischten Beeren, Kirschen und...
0.75 L
2012 P.G.I. Corinthia Syrah dry
Translate to English Editor note: Leicht pfeffrige, florale und kräuterige Nase nach überwiegend dunklen Beeren mit etwas Speck und de...
0.75 L
2006 P.D.O. Nemea (O.P.A.P.) / Νεμέα Agiorgitiko dry Ktima Papaioannou/Κτημα Παπαιωαννου
Translate to English Editor note: Etwas gewürzig-holziger und eine Spur zedriger Duft nach reifen roten und schwarzen Beeren mit etwas...
0.75 L
2016 P.G.I. Corinthia Assyrtiko dry St. Elias
Translate to English Editor note: Deutlich kräuterig-pflanzlicher, an Eukalyptus erinnernder Duft mit zurückhaltenden gelbfruchtigen N...
The Greek winery in the appellation Nemea on the island Peloponnese was founded in 1876 by the grandfather of the current owner Athanassios Papaïoannou. Athanassios is considered one of the best winemakers in Greece, his son George also works on the farm. Particular attention is paid to cultivating the vines in a way that is suitable for the soil. The vineyards cover 55 hectares of vineyards, with the main variety grown to 80% Agiorgitiko, the remaining 20% are planted with Assyrtiko, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Malagousiá, Lagorthi, Pinot Noir, Roditis and Sauvignon Blanc. Another 35 mostly autochthonous Greek varieties are being experimented with. The flagships are the OPAP Nemea red wines Palea Klimata Agiorgitiko from vines planted in the early 1970s (Palea Klimata = old vines) and Agiorgitiko from selected grapes. The white wines Asyrtiko Playies Ai-Liá Vareli and Fumé (Chardonnay) are also worth mentioning. Around 350,000 bottles of wine are produced annually.
In the wine guide you will find
currently 134 757 Wines and 23 817 Producers, including 1 473 classified producers.
Rating system About Their sources in Wine Guide Wine Samples

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.