The cooperative "Cooperativa Produttori del Barbaresco srl" based in Barbaresco
in the Italian region Piedmont
was founded in 1958 by the local priest with 19 members at the time. Since there was no money to build a cellar, the first three years were vinified in the basements of the church. Then the cooperative center, which still exists today, was available opposite the church. Today the cooperative has 56 members who cultivate a total of 100 hectares of vineyards. This is around one sixth of the Barbaresco DOCG area. The responsible oenologist is called Gianni Testa. The base wine is the Langhe Nebbiolo (20%), followed by the normal Barbaresco (40%) and in special years up to nine layers of Barbaresco (40%). These are the Asili, Moccagatta, Montestefano, Montefico, Ovello, Pajé, Pora, Rabajà and Rio Sordo locations. The name of this location and the owner are noted on the label. The total production amounts to around 35,000 boxes (420,000 bottles) of wine, which are made exclusively from Nebbiolo.