The castle is located in the municipality of Stetten in the Lower Austrian wine region Weinviertel, The location was mentioned as early as 1168. The vaulted cellar with a spacious press house dates back to 1670. Here are the two only baroque tree presses in Austria arranged in mirror image. They were built in 1698 by the Abensperg-Traun family in gratitude for the fact that during the second Turkish siege in Vienna in 1683, the attacking Turkish troops could not take the castle. Each of the mighty press trees is approx. 10 m long and weighs an estimated 2,800 kg. The presses were in use until 1910. After the severe damage after the end of the last world war, the castle was completely restored by the Abensperg-Traun family and is now the residence of the Goess family.
In 2000 the Stetten family of vintners took over Pfaffl Roman the management of the vineyards. These comprise around nine hectares of vines in the Riede Hochfeld near the castle on deep loess soil. They are planted with the varieties Grüner Veltliner, Pinot Blanc and St. Laurent. The vineyards are permanently green covered. There is a complete manual harvest. The grapes are processed according to the highest quality standards in the in-house cellar of the Pfaffl winery. There, the wines are carefully pressed, fermented under temperature control and aged in classic wooden barrels, typical of the variety. Count among the premium wines (Grüner Veltliner), St. Laurent and Pinot Blanc.