The estate is located northeast of Saint-Emilion in the area of the same name ( Bordeaux ). The history of the estate is close to that of the neighboring one Château Pavie connected. In the 18th century, the vineyards of both estates belonged to the Abbé Raymond de Sèze, which in 1745 also had the current estate built. In 1840 the property, then called Château Mondot, was taken over by Raymond Troplong. In the period 1921-1936 it was owned by the wine merchant Georges Thienpont, who then sold it to Alexander Valette. Since 1981, it has been run by former journalist Christine Valette. The estate was one of the first customers of the oenologist Michel Rolland (* 1947). The estate, formerly classified as "Grand Cru Classé", was upgraded to "Premier Grand Cru Classé B" in 2006. The vineyards cover 30 hectares of vineyards with Merlot (90%), Cabernet Sauvignon (5%) and Cabernet Franc (5%) are planted. The extremely long-lived red wine is aged for 12 to 24 months in 75% new oak barrels. Of the second wine is called "Mondot".