One of the largest producers of Madeira house in Caniço on the Portuguese island Madeira
was founded in 1870 by Justino Henrique Freitas as a family business. In 1953 the company "Vinhos Justino Henriques Filhos Lda" was created by the merger of A. de Freitas, CRCR Gonçalves, Companhia Regional de Exportação de Vinhos da Madeira, Companhia Vinícola da Madeira, J. Monteiro and União Vinícola. Finally, the company was bought in 1993 by the French trading group La Martiniquaise. The house has a large stock of barrels with very old and rare Madeiran vintages. The products are bottled under various labels, including Cruz and Justino's.