The estate is located in the commune of Wachenheim (Mittelhaardt-Deutsche Weinstraße) in the German wine-growing region palatinate, The roots go back to Bernhard Bürklin (1580-1636) at the end of the 16th century. His Renaissance house, built in 1606, still stands today. It got its current name in 1875 through the marriage of Luise Wolf (1848-1882) to Privy Councilor Dr. Albert Bürklin (1844-1924). After the turn of the century, the manor expanded the estate into an absolute top company. The next owner was the grand nephew of the Privy Councilor Dr. Albert Bürklin (1907-1979; see the family history there in detail). In 1990 it was taken over by his daughter Bettina Bürklin-von Guradze and her husband Christoian Gurazde. The winery subsequently introduced comprehensive measures to improve quality and was the initiator of Big growth Palatinate with the aim of a Palatinate location classification. The company is now one of the largest privately owned wineries in Germany. Steffen Brahner has been the managing director since 2008.
The vineyards cover 85 hectares. The locations have been classified according to their own strict criteria since 1994. The Burgundian system is divided into grands crus and premiers crus. The grands crus are high morning. limekiln (Deidesheim) Jesuitengarten. Kirchenstück. Pechstein. Enormous (Forest) and Gaisböhl privately owned (Ruppertsberg). The Premiers Crus are Altenberg, Böhlig, junk, Goldbächel and Rechbächel in sole ownership (Wachenheim), high Castle (Ruppertsberg) and Langenmorgen (Deidesheim). You are around 80% with Riesling, the rest with Pinot Noir ( Pinot Noir ), Pinot Blanc ( Pinot Blanc ) and Dornfelder planted. The entire winery has been in operation since 2005 biodynamic Association rules BIODYVIN, The certification takes place through Lacon, The company is a member of the associations The goods and VDP,