The estate is located in the Gries district of Bolzano in the Italian wine-growing area South-Tirol
(Region Trentino-Alto Adige
). Winegrowing has been practiced in the family since 1880, the current location dates back to 1900. After the Second World War, the farm turned into a winery. But since the takeover in the fourth generation by Christine and Toni Egger in 1987, this has been changed again. Since then, only a few suppliers have processed more grapes from their own production. Son Peter Egger is responsible for marketing. To 85% of the red varieties Vernatsch and Lagrein, and processed to 15% of the white varieties Pinot Blanc, Gewürztraminer and Müller-Thurgau. The product range includes various wines, mostly as DOC St. Magdalener
and South Tyrol
to be produced.