It was founded in 1822 by Breisach Mayor Johann Baptist Hau; The first wine was then pressed in 1824. The company was then continued by son-in-law Franz Josef Müller, who gave the estate its present name. Since 1841, the premises of the Old Rentenamt have been used for wine-growing and marketing. On the ground floor there is an in-house wine shop. In the historic vault below the Rentamt are the barrel and barrique cellars, as well as a small archive of wines from the best vintages of the last 60 years.
Today the winery is owned by Joachim and Silvia Heger, who also own the winery Dr. Heger
operate. The vineyards cover nearly two hectares of vineyards in the individual layers Eckartsberg (Breisach) and Winklerberg
(Ihringen). They are planted with the white varieties Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Riesling and Spätburgunder. The wines are in principle fully fermented. The white wines are aged in stainless steel and bottled after eight months. The traditional fermented on the mash red wines stored in stainless steel or mature to 18 months in French oak barrels.