The estate is located in the municipality of Schwaigern in the German wine-growing region Wuerttemberg, The administrative seat of the Counts of Neipperg is not on the old Staufische castle complex from the 12th century, but in the count's castle in Schwaigern, which was built in 1702 on a castle destroyed in the Thirty Years' War. In the castle is also the winery, whose vaulted cellar is located in the former moat. Karl Eugen Erbgraf zu Neipperg is the master and owner of the castle and winery. Bernd Supp has been responsible for the basement since 1992. The Neipperg family also owns the two wineries Château Canon-La-Gaffelière and Clos de L'Oratoire in french Saint-Emilion run by Brother Comte Stephan Neipperg.
The Württemberg vineyards cover 30 hectares of vines in the two privately owned individual layers Schlossberg (Neipperg) and Ruthe (Schwaigern). They are made with the red varieties Lemberger ( ) Schwarzriesling, Pinot Noir ( Pinot Noir ) and Trollinger ( ); as well as with the white wines Riesling. Müller-Thurgau. muscatel and Traminer planted. Around 40% of them are steep slopes using its own method of cross terracing are cultivated.
Lviv has an old red wine tradition. It is said that it was imported by the family from Austria after the Thirty Years' War (there it is called ) and is particularly well looked after. In the steep south-facing slopes, the floors consist of mineral-rich gypsum keuper with portions of permeable gravel slabs. The tops of the slopes consist of reed sandstone, the building material of many castles in the region. The flagship is the red wine "SE" from Merlot, which is expanded in new barriques. Ice-cold wines are also pressed in climatically suitable years. The winery is a member of the associations The goods and VDP (Association of Duetscher Prädikatsweingüter).