The estate is located in the municipality of Hohenruppersdorf in the south of the Lower Austrian wine region Weinviertel
, It was founded in 1683 in the year of the Second Turkish Siege in Vienna. Today it is run by Paul and Regina Hahn. The vineyards cover 15 hectares of vineyards in the vineyards of Bergen, Boigenthal, Gaisrupp, Rothen Püllen and Zwiefang. They are planted with the white varieties Grüner Veltliner, Welschriesling, Rivaner (Müller-Thurgau), Pinot Blanc, Traminer, Muskateller, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc, as well as with the red varieties Zweigelt, Blauburger, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Merlot. It is consistently natural, environmentally friendly viticulture according to the guidelines of KIP
(controlled integrated production) practiced. This includes gentle pruning, greening
, Dispensing with chemical fertilization
, natural foliage work, voluntary yield restriction, selective selection and gentle pressing. Depending on the type of wine, the wines are aged in steel tanks or in barriques. The premium wines include, for example, various (Grüner Veltliner), as well as the red wine cuvée "Mela Rossa" (Cabernet Sauvignon, Zweigelt, Blauburger, Syrah) which has been aged in barrels for 24 months. Fine brandies are also produced.