The estate is located in the community Westhofen in the German wine-growing region Rheinhessen
, It was founded in 1763 by Johann Michael Groebe. Since then, the coat of arms with the old Christian sign for wine, the St. Andrew's Cross out. After extensive construction measures since 2012, the winery with all farm buildings is located completely in Westhofen; the Biebesheim site was abandoned. The company is managed by Dipl. Ing. Oenologist Friedrich Groebe. The vineyards cover nine hectares of vines in the VDP-classified single layers single layers Aulerde
(Westhofen). They are planted to 70% with Riesling, and Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Silvaner, Scheurebe, Portuguese.
The management is carried out according to the rules of organic viticulture or Integrated pest management
, These include of course growing greening
, as well as abandonment of mineral fertilization
, To combat mildew
come next sulfur
also environmentally friendly fungicides
with longer duration of action for use. The animal pests are using beneficials
and by means of disrupter
kept in check insecticides
is waived. Great attention is focused on pruning
and laid a careful soil and foliage treatment.
The musts will be spontaneous
fermented, with special emphasis on a slow and cool fermentation. The fermentation
and the expansion of the wines is traditionally and exclusively in large oak barrels (piece size). The wines are made according to the VDP classification
in the three lines (Fruit sweet Prädikatsweine from late harvest), local wines (Westhofener) and estate wines (GROEBE à la carte) marketed and exported worldwide. The winery is a member of VDP
(Verband deutscher Prädikatsweingüter).