The winery in Haardt (suburb of Neustadt) in the German wine-growing region palatinate
lies at the foot of the Haardt Mountains. It was founded in the 18th century by the Huguenot Catoir family, the oldest document indicating viticulture dates from 1744. For almost a hundred years the winery was run by women (great-grandmother, grandmother and mother of the current owner). Today it is managed in the ninth generation by Jakob Heinrich Catoir and his son Philipp David, the cellar master is Martin Franzen. The Müller part of the name comes from a grandmother of the current owner. The vineyards cover 20 hectares of vineyards in individual locations Buergergarten
(Haardt), Grain and Mönchgarten (Neustadt an der Weinstrasse), Eselshaut
(Gimmeldingen), as well as Roman fountain (Hambach). There are various types of soil, from heavy Latvian to loess to loamy gravel. The dominant main variety is Riesling with around 60% of the area (12 ha), followed by Rieslaner, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, Muscat and Scheurebe.
The big rise began in the early 1960s when Jakob Heinrich Catoir and his then cellar master Hans Günter Schwarz began to introduce rigorous quality standards. This included an extremely reduced yield thin out
and very late harvest with the strictest selection of only fully ripe and healthy grapes. Long before today ecological
Movement was practiced close to nature with organic fertilization, permanent greenery and intensive education. The finished wine is tapped once and lightly filtered, and then not moved until it is bottled. The result is absolutely pure and fruity wines. There are also noble sweet predicates to ice wine. Around 130,000 bottles of wine are produced annually. The winery is a member of VDP
(Association of German quality wine estates).