The estate is located in the Morscheid district in the German wine-growing region Moselle, The first written record comes from the year 1349. In 1999 the 650th birthday of the house was celebrated. Friedrich von Kesselstatt was appointed administrator of the court's wineries by the elector in 1377. When Hugo Casimir Graf von Kesselstatt was the Landhof master from 1761 to 1794, Elector Clemens Wenzeslaus of Saxony Wettin issued the decree in 1787 to plant better vines instead of the “reprehensible Rhenish vines”, which primarily meant Riesling. It was taken over by the Reh family in 1978 and is managed by Gerhard Gartner. The former seat of the winery was the Palais Kesselstatt in Trier, which was built in the period 1740 to 1746 on the foundations of a Roman glass blowing in baroque style. The winery's restaurant and wine bar are located there today. The seat was moved to Marienlay Castle in Ruwertal in 1999. All wines have been produced there in the newly built winery since 1988.
The vineyards cover 36 hectares of vines in all three river valleys of the growing region. These are the individual layers Doctor (Bernkastel) Juffer sundial ( Brauneberg ) Domprobst and the sole proprietorship Josephshöfer (Graach) Nies'chen and Kehrnagel (Kasel) Bockstein (Ockfen), canon and Goldtröpfchen (Piesport) sundial (Wehlen), as well Braunfels. Gottesfuß. Kupp and Scharzhofberg (Wiltingen). You are 100% with that Riesling planted. All wines will be fermented spontaneously and long storage on the is philosophy. The vinification is carried out in the traditional way in order to maintain the layered character. Marketing is carried out in the four lines Gutsweine, Mosel Collection, Saar Collection and Ruwer Collection. Bottle-fermented sparkling wines and brandies (pomace, pear, mirabelle) are also produced. The winery is a member of VDP,