The estate is located in the community Mannersdorf an der March (Kirchengasse 64) on the border of Marchfeld in the Lower Austrian wine region Weinviertel only 35 kilometers east of Wien, In the traditional family is proven to be operated since 1620 viticulture. The origin of the family were Croatian winegrowers, who were settled in the Habsburg monarchy to protect the border from the Ottomans in the east of Austria. As a Lower Austrian wine pioneer Roland Minkowitsch (1920-1986), who also held the political offices II. National Council and Peasants' Association.
The traditional company was founded in 2014 by 14th generation of the family by Dipl.-Ing. Mag. Martin Minkowitsch (nephew of Roland and son of Reinhold Minkowitsch, sons of the wine-growing pioneer) and his from the French Burgundy native Mrs. Blandine. He studied agricultural economics at the University of Agricultural Sciences and Business Administration at the Wien University of Economics and Business and at the University of Nottingham. Most recently, he worked as a management consultant.
The vineyards cover 12.5 hectares of vineyards in the vineyards Lange Lissen, Short Lissen and Rochusberg. They are exclusively planted with white wine varieties; the main varieties are Riesling and Green Valtellina, followed by . Chardonnay, Yellow muscatel and Gewurztraminer, A special feature is a 8.4-meter-long tree press in operation since 1820 ( Torggel ) made of oak wood, with which the entire production is processed. The handpicked in principle grapes are gently and slowly cold pressed thereby extremely low in tannins, enzyme-containing and nutrient-rich won. After this Press the press cake becomes more natural fertilizer brought back to the vineyards.
The temperature-controlled fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks. The Riesling is pressed under the name "de vite" in various stages of development. Grüner Veltliner is marketed either as Weinviertel DAC or as "rochus". Chardonnay is aged in large oak barrels or in small quantities in oak barrels. It is also bottle fermented produced from Riesling. The wines stored in the vinotheque date back to the 1950s. The winery is a member of Premium wineries Weinviertel,