The winery is located in the municipality Dürnstein
in the Lower Austrian wine region Wachau
, With the takeover of the winery in 1984, a long-standing winemaking tradition was continued, which can be traced back to 1711. In the years 1993 to 1995 the cellar facilities were rebuilt. The business is run by Johann Schwarz. The vineyards cover 3.5 hectares of vineyards in the vineyards Frauengergarten, Grund, Loibenberg
, Loibner movements and Schreiberberg. They are planted with the white varieties Grüner Veltliner (over 50%), Riesling and Chardonnay. The grapes are processed gently. After the manual picking, no pumps are used until pressing. The musts are fermented under temperature control in steel tanks. The winery is a member of the winegrowers' association Vinea Wachau Nobilis Districtus
, The in-house distillery also produces fine brandies (Glöger, apricot, pomace) and wine truffles, a confectionery made from dark chocolate and Wachau apricot brandy.