The estate is located in the municipality of Kröv (Bernkastel area) in the German wine-growing region Moselle, It is one of the oldest companies on the Moselle. In 862 King Lothar II (835-869) donated the court to the Benedictine monastery Stavelot, in the possession of which until Napoleonic Secularization remained. In 1805 the estate was acquired by the French state through Peter Schneiders, an ancestor of the current owners. Today the business is run by Jan Matthias Klein. The vineyards cover nine hectares of vineyards in the individual layers Letterlay, Paradies and Steffensberg (Kröv), Hofberger (Neumagen-Dhron), as well as podium (Piesport). You are 75% with Riesling, such as Müller-Thurgau. Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir ( Pinot Noir ) Frühburgunder and regent planted. It will Organic viticulture according to the rules of ECOVIN practiced.
The wines are produced in the lines "Schoppenweine", "Motivweine" (light and fruity), "Wappenweine" (from old vines from steep slopes) and "Signature wines" (Beerenauslese, Trockenbeerenauslese). In weather-appropriate years too Eiswein vinified. Premium wines are the layered Rieslings, "Alte Reben" (Riesling from ungrafted Vines in Single pile education ) and the red wine cuvée "Three colors red". Bottle-fermented sparkling wines, brandies (yeast, pomace, fruit) and grape juices are also produced. The winery is a member of the international association Slow food and the winegrowers' association The tiny ring.